Eastern Acupressure Facial with Thai Foot Massage Ritual
Acupressure is an ancient Chinese therapy which has been practiced and used for over 5000 years. It was discovered that by pressing certain points of the body, pain or disease were alleviated – often in regions of the body remote from the pain or pressure point.
Benefits for the Face and head
* Improvement of muscular tone and facial contours, including the area between the nose and mouth (specifically a problem for smokers).
* Stimulation of circulation and nutrient flow to the facial skin.
* Promotes an effective lymphatic flow and removal of toxins.
* Glowing and healthier-looking complexion due to improved skin oxygen levels.
* Soothing of forehead wrinkles and creases between the brows and crows feet.
* Alleviation of sinus problems. Improvement of air flow and nose bleeds.
* Reduction of puffiness around the eyes and eye strain.
* Reduction of facial spasms, tics and nervous twitches.
* Reduction in pain associated with toothache and migraine.
* May help to prevent hair loss and tinnitus.
Benefits for the body and feet
* Balancing the energy levels and general flow of Chi/Sen.
* Eases stress and feelings of anxiety.
* Improved sleep and feelings of well-being.
* Correction of hunger and appetite issues.
* Massage to the feet and lower legs benefits the circulatory, lymphatic and muscular system. Waste is removed from cells, water retention is reduced, aching muscles are rejuvenated. Arthritis and plantar fasciitis are greatly improved.
What happens during the Acupressure Facial and Thai foot massage ritual
During a session, your feet and lower legs will be soaked in soapy water and an edible scrub used on the lower legs and feet – in keeping with the Ayurvedic tradition. The Thai foot massage involves some stretching, sen line balancing and deep massage using different techniques with the hands and a rosewood tool.
Cleanser will then be gently massaged into your face and removed. Massage cr?me is then applied. The neck, face and ears are massaged and accu-pressure points are stimulated.
‘Smoothing and plumping’ relieves facial tension and reduces lines and wrinkles. ‘Stroking and cleaning’ and ‘pulsing drainage’ disperses the toxins to encourage lymphatic flow.
After Care Advice
This therapy has a detoxifying effect on the body and you can encourage this by drinking plenty of water and avoiding caffeine, nicotine and alcohol for the next 24 hours. Also try to avoid any strenuous exercise for 24 hours following treatment and try to rest and allow your body to heal from within
1 hour 15 minutes – ?45.00
(Includes face, feet or back only)
1 hour 30 minutes – ?60.00
(Includes face, feet and back)
Please text 07799183362 to book.