Hearty Bramley Apple sausage and Bean stew
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 8 frozen sausages bramley apple or your own flavour
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 400g tin tomatoes
- 2 tsp dijorn mustard
- ½ cube chicken or vegetable stock, made up to 175ml
- 400 g tin baked beans
- 100 g spring greens, sliced, thick stems discarded
- mashed potato or rice to serve
- Heat half the oil in a lidded saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 6 mins. Stir in the garlic and fry for 2 mins. Transfer to a plate and set aside
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the remaining oil and the frozen sausages and cook for 5 mins until browned all over.
- Return the onion and garlic to the pan with the tomatoes and mustard. Add the stock, season with pepper and cook over a medium heat for 10 mins, adding the beans after 5 mins.
- Stir through the spring greens, cover and cook for 4-5 mins more until the sausages are cooked through and the spring greens are tender. Serve with mash or rice, if you like.